Open Accessibility Menu

Residential Care Apartment Complex & Community Based Residential Facilities

We have been approached by people with questions (and some misconceptions) regarding care that can be provided in an RCAC (Residential Care Apartment Complex). Here we will provide you with information about the differences between RCACs and CBRFs (Community Based Residential Facilities).

In summary, the key difference is that a person in an RCAC can receive more extensive nursing care in an RCAC and can age in place. (i.e., he or she will be less likely to have to eventually transfer to a nursing home.) The State of Wisconsin developed regulations governing RCACs to allow people to have more extensive care in a less restrictive environment than a CBRF can provide.

Riverside Terrace has apartments that range in size from 477 to 1023 square feet, including 2 bedroom/2 bath apartments. We also have a full activity program and a full time activity coordinator.

If you have loved ones who are interested in an assisted living facility or who you think may benefit from assisted living, please have them call Riverside Terrace at 365-7222.

Please call if you have any qustions or would like more information regarding the higher level of care that can be provided in an RCAC.